19.11.07

disjointed and somewhat uninteresting

i like to watch my dog sleep. once she has found a comfortable position, she closes her eyes and sticks out her tongue and shuts off completely for an hour or two. frequently, her left front paw twitches and she snores softly. i can make any amount of noise, i can call her name and whistle and kiss at her- no reaction. her smooth, shiny black coat invites stroking when she is so calm and still, and often i lay my head on her side and sleep myself.
in other parts of my brain, it is sweater weather again. colorado's sweater season comes on in fits and false starts, so it is possible that it will not be sweater weather for long. but for now, it's chilly when i take the dog out in the morning, and it stays that way for most of the day.
i have had a great many sweaters in my life, but two of my best loved sweaters have gone to two of my most loved people. to sij, a green one surplus from the german army, with german flag details on the shoulders. to dek, a dark blue one surplus from the navy. neither ever fit me that well, and neither was that flattering on me, but i loved both dearly because i have a fondness for surplus military gear and also because i have a fondness for dressing somewhat like a boy.

No comments: